Friday 18 January 2008

Morning Radio Host Steve Harvey: On Top of the Hill, Not Over It

On the eve of his 51st birthday, Radio host Steve Harvey has shaved his head and shows it off on the cover of JET. Harvey says he was inspired to change how people view men in their 50s after talking to one of his listeners.
According to JET, "The girl said to me, 'Steve you're 50 and you are over the hill.' I started thinking, 'Wow, I am over the hill? I said, 'OK, I got to do something to stop this line of thinking. Because at 50, I should not be thought of as over the hill. At 50, a man ought to feel that he is on top of the hill. At 50, you are still fly,'" he told JET. (p. 60)

Harvey returned to the airwaves with "The Steve Harvey Show" in September, 2005. It originates from WBLS-FM in New York and is syndicated..

The Steve Harvey JET issue is on sale beginning Monday, January 21.

From Corey Deitz,
Your Guide to Radio.

No comments: